Ideas for everyday living with Carly Flynn – a great place to go for useful and inspiring ideas to help make life just that little bit easier. Great recipes, tips on home life, time savers, travel advice, new home products, cosmetics and beauty advise, health and well being, mindfulness – Saturday Fresh has it all covered.
Here is a link to the interview today with myself and Sandra Kirby, CEO of Arthritis NZ
And seven of my tips for starting to manage your Arthritis for a positive and happy life!
- Be Ok with asking for help and get a team around you including medical people, an Arthritis Educator fron Arthritis NZ, friends and family, and support person (especially for appointments).
- Book in regular friends and family dates where you and loved ones agree not only focus on your illness
- Focus on what your body does well – stop beating yourself up for what it doesn’t
- Hang out by yourself doing things you like doing
- Give yourself pat on the back for all you did well today
- Drink more water; hydration is a great pain killer
- Move more – start with a few minutes, build up to exercise snacks and focus on what you can do not what you can’t
Keep practicing on your positive mindset
I believe it is the best the way to cope
for there’s no arthritis cure… yet
but there’s a lot that can be done
many small steps lead to big possibilities
and if you positively embrace life with arthritis you can achieve all that you desire
Smiles for a fabulous day & rest of your weekend