I love the 50 life lessons that are ciculating around again. The coolest thing is that the urban myth is Regina Brett is 90years old. The truth is she is only 54 which excites me incredibly – because imagine how many more pearls of wisdom she will share with us in the next 36 years! Smiles & Hugs and I hope you enjoy Regina’s list as much as I do 🙂 Cx
January 7th, 2013 by Regina Brett www.reginabrett.com
A year ago, my book “Be the Miracle” came out.
Tomorrow, it comes out in paperback.
People often ask me why I wrote it.
My life has been full of miracles. Growing up with ten siblings, being a single mom for 18 years and getting through breast cancer all taught me that we’re all here to be the miracle for others.
Imagine what would happen if each of us decided to be the miracle for someone else.
How do you do that? All you have to do is make a beginning:
1. Start where you are.
2. Get busy on the possible.
3. You can make a big difference, no matter how little you make.
4. Magnify the good.
5. Do your best and forget the rest. It could simply be too soon to tell.
6. We all do the same things. It’s how we do them that makes the difference.
7. Interruptions are divine assignments.
8. Adjust your own oxygen mask before helping others, or you’ll be of no use to anyone– including you.
9. Instead of treating people the way you want to be treated, treat people the way they want to be treated.
10. If you want to see a miracle, be the miracle.
11. Everyone matters to somebody.
12. Speak up for others, especially when they aren’t present to speak up for themselves.
13. Give birth to yourself every day.
14. Sometimes it’s enough to make one person happy.
15. The secret of life is no secret. It’s sprinkled all over your life.
16. If you can’t be the rock, be the ripple.
17. Give as if the world is your family, because it is.
18. Everyone is either your student or your teacher. Most people are both.
19. Pray like you mean it.
20. Arrive early.
21. Dream big.
22. Consult your own soul. Deep inside you already know the answers you need.
23. Get in the game.
24. God doesn’t always call the strong. Sometimes you have to be weak enough to serve.
25. When you have nothing but faith, you have enough.
26. Be a good monk. Make your life a prayer.
27. Believe in abundance.
28. Shine your light, no matter how dark the world around you appears.
29. Comfort the sick. When everyone else flees, be the one who stays.
30. You have an endless supply of abundance from a wealthy Father who loves you, and so does everyone else.
31. Carry as you climb.
32. Be an original. Forge your own path.
33. Harness the power of hope.
34. Watch well your words. Practice restraint of tongue and pen.
35. No matter what happens, don’t take it personally. Take it spiritually.
36. The world needs your Yes!
37. Empower your power by joining forces.
38. You are a child’s most important teacher.
39. What you think about, you bring about.
40. Aim higher.
41. Make someone else’s dream come true.
43. A saint is someone who knows how much God loves them.
44. Don’t quit before the miracle happens.
45. Make amends as soon as you can, while you still can.
46. Silence the noise. In times of doubt or indecision, pause and make room for God.
47. To be a channel of peace, you have to stay open.
48. God will not have His work made manifest by cowards.
49. Leave a legacy time can’t erase.
50. If you woke up today, God isn’t through with you yet.
There were days during cancer when I wondered if God might be through with me, when I was bald, sick and too weak to walk around the block.
That was 15 years ago.
Every day above ground is one big miracle.